Accreditation is the rating provided by the particular board to indicate the quality of education in that particular branch in that college. This helps as a tip for students in choosing a good engineering college for his/her career. In the case of Engineering, All India Institute of Technical Education (AICTE) has formed the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) in order to rate the branches in the Engineering colleges.
For this the National Board of Accreditation considers certain factors for which it gives points and finally rates the particular branch in the college. One thing that need to be remembered is rating differs from branch to branch in the college so while taking a branch try to know the rating of that particular branch. The factors that are considered by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) are
- Educational qualifications of the faculty
- Research being done or done by the Faculty
- Facilities in the Laboratory and Library
- Class rooms whether they are well furnishes or not
- Placement cell and grievance cell
- The growth of the old students of the college and knowledge of the present students in their subjects by checking their academic performance
- Industry exposure
- Extra curricular activities
- Training in soft skills for the students
- participation of students in Inter University competitions
- Companies participating in the campus drives
- Students scholarships
- Financial assistance for the students
- Counseling Guidance
- Teacher – Student Ratio
- Students quality in their subject and success rate
- Students opting for higher education
- Laboratory staff
- Course Curriculum and method of teaching by the college
These are the factors that are considered by the National Board of Accreditation while rating a college. Accreditation is generally provided for 3 or 5 years, so students need to check up to how many years accreditation is given and should always opt to the college with 5 years.
Accreditation is generally given to a college who completes at least 2 batches in that particular branch of the college. So when you are going to join a particular college first of all know whether the accreditation is their for that college. So wish you all the best.