HR is an acronym for Human Resource management and they are also called as human resource capital and human resource management. Human resource management professionals are of great demand now a days and many of them are pursuing this course according to the demand of market because each and every company whether small or large their main aim are for profit maximization and retention of the employees who are nothing but human resources but still there is demand for the talented professionals in this field and also pursuing this course will help in career Building as well.
Different roles of HR professionals in the company:
Depending upon the size of the company they perform various roles and their main involvement can be seen the areas of
- Salary and Wages (compensation management)
- Performance appraisals
- Incentives and promotions
- Employee Welfare
- Quality of Work life
- Employee productivity and counseling
- Employee Relations
- Industrial Relations
- Employee retention
This is the major roles played by the HR employee in an organization. But likely depending upon the size of the company the roles played may be single or multi.
Qualities required becoming a good HR manger
- Good communication skills
- Adaptability to the various conditions
- Leadership skills
- Handling the situations
- Maintaining good relations with the people
- Knowledge regarding the work
- Should always be in nature of learning new things
- Motivation capability towards the goals of the organization
These are the main qualities required to become a good HR manager or a professional. Irrespective of the Gender we usually see both the men and women in this field with a blooming career Growth.
Job opportunities and Salary packages for an HR Professionals
Though now a day’s many of them are pursuing HR as their career but still there is shortage for the professionals in the Market. So if you think that you are capable enough to have the above qualities then there is need of you in the market so go and grab your job. The HR packages usually starts from Rs.3, 00,000 to Rs.18, and 00,000 per annum. This is the field where we see the more experience the more the package. You can also enter in to teaching field as well.
Best Institutes which offer HR courses
Some of the institutes provide Various PG and Under Graduate programmes as well as Diplomas in Subject of Human resources. Here are some of the Best Institutes which offer course in Subject of HR :
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) Mumbai
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute(XLRI) Jamshedpur
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune
- Xavier Institute of Social Sciences (XISS) , Ranchi
- International Management Institute (IMI), New Delhi
- Management development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad
- Indian school of Business (ISB), Hyderabad
There are some other Elite Institutes which offer HR as specialization during their Various academic programmes :
- Indian Institute of Management(IIM’s)
- S.P.Jain Institute of Management and Research(SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Jamanalal Bajaj Institute of Management Sciences (JBIMS), Mumbai
- Shailesh J Mehta School of Management (SJMSM),IIT, Mumbai
- Faculty of Management Studies(FMS), DU, Delhi
The above Colleges and Institutes are Indicative. There are also many private and Government Colleges and Universities in India which offer Courses in the Subject of Human Resource (HR). There are also colleges and Universities which offer Distance mode and E-learning academic programmes for working people and House Wife’s for pursuing HR.
Various Exams conducted for Getting in to various academic programmes in HR :
Common Admission Test (CAT), Management Aptitude Test (MAT) and also the Individual Tests conducted by Various B-schools (Business Schools) are the various exams to pursue the course in their Institute. Usually many of the Institutes conduct written exam followed by personal Interview.
Challenges for HR professional:
The main challenges include the optimum utilization of the resources including human resources, retention of the employees, maintaining the proper relations, motivating towards the goals and visualization the future of the firm in the market and likely designing the future objective are the important challenges for the HR professional.
So, I hope that you like this article and all the best for your future.